Official Journal of EFHA: JOURNAL OF EXERCISE SCIENCE AND PHYSIOTHERAPY (JESP)
ISSN 2454-6089 (O) ISSN:0973-2020 (P)
(Impact Factor SJIF 2013: 4.652)
Indexed in CITEFACTOR, RESEARCHBIBLE, MEDIND, HINARI, INNOSPACE, Academic Keys, GIF, Directory of Science,
Indianscience.in, ICMJE, Infobase Index. Electronic Journals Library, University Library of Regensburg, International Scientific Indexing (ISI), SIS, International Impact Factor Service, Advanced Sciences Index (ASI), Germany, Jifactor,
Open Academic Journals Index, Index Copernicus Value 2013 4.19. Also indexed in Directory of abstract indexing for Journals with DAIJ rank of AA. Indexed with Romeo as blue journal. Digital archiving finalised with Portico. Currently the journal is under indexing in the Indian Citation Index & I Scholar.
Professor Dr. S.K.Verma, (31-10-1949 to 02-05-2016)
2. To admit members from the diverse branches of exercise science (like physical education, physiotherapy, nutrition, sports science etc.) who are interested or are actively engaged in improving the quality of life/enhancement of sports performance into EFHA.
3. To promote and support the exchange of ideas and information regarding all facets of exercise, fitness and health.
4. To collect, compile and publish materials relating to the promotion of exercise, fitness and health in the society.
5. To promote the advancement of teaching and research in exercise science and to disseminate the results of the latest research in the field of exercise, fitness and health.
6. To promote the growth and application of the highest quality research and professional application of exercise science in health promotion, disease prevention, rehabilitation, sport fitness and training.
7. To promote the development and exchange of scientific information between EFHA and other professional organizations with an interest in exercise science.
8. To participate in the development and implementation of public policies and procedures concerned with exercise fitness and health.
9. To facilitate and promote positive healthy lifestyle in the people and update the knowledge of health fitness experts by providing ongoing peer review and quality assurance programs via the academic programs related to exercise, fitness and health.
1. To train physical education graduates /physiotherapy /nutrition students and practising health fitness professionals in specialised areas of exercise fitness and health management through short-term training programmes.
2. The programme is also useful for common people of all age groups who are interested to develop health related fitness or are struggling to control the diabetes.
3. To conduct training programmes specially meant for those students who intend to enhance their knowledge domain and make themselves practically oriented to deal with the problems related to the modern society like deteriorating health related fitness, obesity menace, diabetes etc. This, they can do without taking up formal postgraduate degree course. Today, the educated and aware persons demand specialized treatment for these problems as well as they intend to pursue the whole treatment for different problems from the same health fitness expert. This makes it necessary for every health fitness expert to be acquainted with almost all aspects of health related fitness management. EFHA has now made it possible to groom these skills by working under the guidance of specialists in a structured short-term training course even in the absence of formal higher education.
4. To prepare manpower for successfully facing the challenges of specialized health, fitness care during professional practice. The course provides thorough insight into the theoretical and practical aspects of health fitness management.